I made this mod for me only but eventually I decided to share it. It contains many things, such as:
The truck part:
1. When you change your cabin all the remaining things of the truck remain the same. For example, when you change your cabin with a more expensive one you keep the chassis you’ve chosen as well as the cabin colors.
2. All chassis come with better engines by default.
3. The 6×4 chassis comes with the last possible engine which has 750 horses hidden beneath the cabin and 3600 Nm.
4. The 6×4 chassis now is named 6×6 and is AWD (all wheels drive) which makes the truck more capable of climbing hard rising grounds like those in the quarries. Also, AWD reduces the chance the truck to lose control when you make a sharp turn at speed above 100 km/h.
5. The truck has 14 speed transmission timed specifically to my requirements and comfort.
6. Both standard and xenon lowbeam headlights are now brighter. To put it simply, I just copied and pasted the highbeam color to the lowbeam color.
7. Lowbeams illuminate a greater but not too great distance in front of the truck. Just enough to see what’s happening in a distance of 3 cars in front of you so that you have a time for reaction.
8. Inside the cabin you can hear the truck’s turbo singing. This part is much better than another mod which does the same because in my mod I haven’t changed the OGG gain levels of the sound files and therefore the sound won’t blow your head.
The bank now offers larger loans – 500,000 euro and 1,000,000 euro. Of course, the time to repay the loans is doubled.
1. When you sell your truck at the dealer you get 20% of its price. So, if you trade-in your truck you will have to pay the price of the new truck minus the 20% of the original price of your current truck.
2. Prices of small and large garage are the following: 250,000 euro for a small garage and 500,000 euro for a large one. It means you will need 500,000 euro to upgrade a garage you already have.
3. When you upgrade a garage there’s a petrol station post at which you can refuel at 50% discount of the diesel price in the corresponding country.
4. Abandoned job fine is now 10,000 euro (12,000 in the original economy file).
5. Cargo damage cost per 1% is now 5 euro.
6. Greater delivery windows for easy, medium and hard jobs.
7. Minimum validity of a cargo is now 10 hours and the maximum – 72 hours.
8. Drivers minimum salary is now 300 euro + 5 euro per 1 km.
9. Driver hiring fee is 2000 euro.10. Greater EXP bonuses and fixed EXP of 4000 for parking the trailer.
11. 10 EXP is subtracted (from the total EXP you’ve earned) per 1% of trailer damage.
City and highway lamps will turn on at 24:00 h and will turn off at 01:00 h. I love driving in a complete darkness and since I can’t prevent those lamps from turning on, I’ve set their schedule to the possible minimum.
Police fines changed to:
400 for car crash
300 for avoiding sleep
100 for driving in the opposite lane
500 for speeding
100 for driving without lights at night
300 for disobeying red traffic lights.
This mod is provided “as I’ve made it” but if you wish I can change things of it to fit your own preferences.
Those cutscenes which turn on when I buy or upgrade a garage are really annoying to me, so I decided to remove them with this mod:
This mod includes several things:
1. More powerful DAF engines
2. 14 speed transmissions for all trucks
3. The improved low beams from my previous post
There are 2 variants of this mod. The difference between v4 and v8 is that v4 has more balanced and short gears with top speed* of 117 km/h, while v8 has 10 short and 4 a bit longer gears and top speed of 134 km/h.
*The final top speed depends on the truck brand. The above values are DAF’s top speed.
This is my first mod for Euro Truck 2. It’s a small mod changing the low beams of all trucks. Now the low beams illuminate a little further than the standard setting, so that one won’t have to use high beams all the time. Download from here: